Hampshire squash have teamed up with IDPE & Sport and Succeedin PE to provide primary schools across the county with a fun and affordable scheme of work that is accessible for teachers and schools.
The new SOW hosted on the Succeedin Platform gives autonomy to the schools to really engage with a unique Net & Wall programme, whilst having access to expert practitioners.
Dan Binns of Hampshire Squash explains,
- “Hampshire Squash is delighted to be delivering squash in schools across the county in partnership with IDPE & Sport and the Succeedin platform. The combination of the Succeedin platform and IDPE & Sport’s experience in delivering PE and after school clubs is perfect for allowing schools to have access to the England Squash approved National Schools Squash program.”
The program can be delivered in school halls or playgrounds by teachers, Hampshire Squash or England Squash qualified IDPE coaches. No court is needed.
By using the program, it teaches children the core skills need to play squash i.e. hand/eye coordination, movement, and balance. Schools will have access to and be able to deliver planned lessons for key stages 1 and 2.
Additionally, schools will be able to access literature and information to build community links with local clubs and leisure centres. The children can then take their new skills onto the squash court, have more fun and hopefully develop a lifelong passion for our great game.”
Liam Botcherby, IDPE & Sport Director added,
- “IDPE & Sport are delighted to be ending 2020 with a new PE and School Sport’s partnership. In a year where young people’s access to PE, school sports and physical activity has been limited, we are excited to be extending our curriculum by becoming an exclusive delivery partner of Hampshire Squash.
- We will be assisting in the delivery of their ‘Hampshire Squash in Schools Program’. A program which has been put together by Hampshire Squash and added to the Succeedin platform, which we are already use in our schools. We all share the same purpose, to make squash inclusive and accessible to all ages and abilities within a Primary school setting. “
David Hazelgrove, Co-founder of Succeedin PE wrote,
- “This has been an exciting project for us, we truly believe that children should have the chance to access sports such as squash and by providing an online curriculum that teachers can work from gives Hampshire squash the perfect foundations to engage primary school pupils.
- We are also excited to be working with IDPE & Sport our coaching partner on this project to support not only their coaches but the team at Hampshire Squash.”